Hand Wheel Screw Jack is very popular for all kinds of applications. So when to use it?
- In case of power failure, screw jacks can be moved manually via a handwheel. To do this, one input shaft shall be available on the screw jack for the connection of the handwheel. If a brake motor is used, the brake shall be un-clamped firstly, so to allow for movement.
- Light load, low duty cycle, low-speed application.
- Intermittent positioning applications
Our standard jacks use Trapezoidal screw and have self-locking function which is very safe for manually operated by hand. We have different models for your selection, our LMS machine screw jack is the most cost-effective selection for this application.
You can also use digital position indicators if you need more precise position display. It can measure the rotations of the input shaft and display the corresponding position in the digital counter window. The display value per input shaft revolution is variable and is achieved through a series of gear reductions configured to accommodate different worm gear screw jack ratios, screw pitch, and travel length.
Here you can see the common configurations for single hand screw jack, 2 system hand screw jack, and 4 system hand screw jack. We also offer custom solution detailed on your detailed application.
Our hand wheel screw jacks advantages
- Easy installation to existing actuators. All hand wheels are bored, keyed, and set-screw drilled to the proper dimensions.
- Revolving handle design for rotational ease.
- Recessed hub and spoke design.
- Cast iron material with chrome plating
The table in our screw jack system necessories page presents dimensional information for our Hand Wheels. To properly select the best hand wheel for your application, please review the provided information, or contact [email protected]